Monday, September 24, 2007

Thanks for a GREAT DAY!

Wow it was an amazing day on Saturday. I'd like to thank everyone for coming to the fourth ATC Day. 43 girls turned up from 9.15am, and we were all out by 11pm! A couple of girls came all the way from Albany - amazing, some from Rockingham as well. Special thanks to Kelsey for her fantastic demo's of wonderful textures and great ideas with tyvek, not to mention that "thick Gesso" and it's amazing qualities. I really loved the work with bandage and car cleaning cloth. Just a reminder that gauze can be bought rather cheaply at horseland or check out city farmers (haven't checked there but try it). Don't forget Murray Gill on Hay Street Subi had the Golden Paints and ask Juanita for a discount, mention Kelsey's name.
Another big thank you to everyone for bringing that gourmet food for lunch and supper... Mmmmm it was lovely and delicious and everybody enjoyed it. Lisa's tapenade got a huge response and apparently if we do another day, that's on the request list Lisa. Oh before I forget somebody left a large tupperware cake container and white plastic serving dish that has sections, can you please call me or email me if it's yours. Special thanks to my kitchen staff, organizing drinks, food (making sausage rolls, pigs in a blanket!), bringing in stock and packing up and lots of hugs! What a dreamboat and gem! THANK YOU!
It was rewarding for me that everyone enjoyed the workshops, the morning one was chock a block and took a little longer, but it was dead easy & fun to make the little ATC House book. Now apparently Scraptivate in Joondana have those little "Zutters" for sale, not sure of the price but they bind and cut the little holes to make those cute books. You can also get a ton of German Scrap there as well.
I am glad everyone liked the little "play table" but check out the mess it got itself into! LOL! It just goes to show that people were creating and having fun. Making those houses are a little addictive. Don't forget there will be some new ones very soon...(I will blog about that later!).

Hope you liked this years entry kit "Junk BoXX", I am always wondering what little thing to make up.... I did manage to paint one and put some houses on it!

Again, Debbie is a great help with the sales setting up and breaking down, thanks Deb! And wasn't the home made rocky road she made to die for. I did manage to get 2 pieces before they got polished off. Also thanks to Lorri for showing the girls that transfer technique as we had quite a few ladies that haven't seen that process before.

Thanks again everyone for coming and making it a very special day!

Well, no rest for the wicked, I am busy now until 11th October with packing and getting ready for Paperific in Melbourne 12, 13, 14th October 07. Don't forget we are doing lot's of cool make and takes this year and bringing 30 new products to the booth! And Debbie is coming over with me this time! See ya all very soon, cheers Julie

7 comments:

NessH said...

sounds like an amazing day Julie...love the ATC book..and yes the houses are addictive...Can't wait to see all the new stuff for MPE...see you there
Ness

Natalie B said...

Julie, looks like (and I hear) it was a fabulous day.... love the houses and the book. Big hugs Nat B

Dawnie said...

Sounds like a grand time was had by all !
Excellent stuff Julie.
Good luck at Paperific too

Hugs
Prawnie xxx

kelsey said...

Thank YOU Julie for a fantastic day! This is one event that I just couldn't/wouldn't miss...having been to all 4 they are definitely worth the wait! Kudo's to all involved ;-)

char said...

Now I know what everyone has been talking about, this was my first ATC day and I really enjoyed every minute of it. So a huge thank you to Julie and everyone who helped to make this such a memorable day, I'm only sorry that I had to leave early for my daughter's b-day bash. Can't wait for the next one ! cheers from Char B xx

Gretz said...

Now Julie you can't be serious... 30 new products! OMG! ;-)

I think the next atc day should be held here in the East - anyone else think this is a good idea???

Cecile Nichols said...

By the photos, it appears that everyone had a wonderful time!! What fun! We U.S. fans are very jealous!!

And, I agree with Gretz, 30 new products? Wow!!! We'll be anxious to see them all!!

Thanks for the photos and explanations, Julie!

Cecile