Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Winter Solstice - Southern Hemisphere 21/06/11

Today the 21st June, 2011 at 5.17pm, marks the winter solstice here in Australia. It was a great opportunity to take a photograph of the sunset at Hillarys Boat Harbour late this afternoon. I would have preferred a shot with the lighthouse in view but the sun was far north west from my position. With the rocks framing the photo I took this photo at 5.11pm today. The other is of the light house about 5pm.


Tonight the moon was lovely and full as I drove home at 11pm from a soapmaking night and I couldn't wait to get out the camera, but alas there was a bit too much cloud around for the photo that I wanted and this is the best I could get at the time, still amazing what you can get a night (still without reading the manual!).

5 comments:

Georgia Gibbons said...

i think it's awesome. Kinda spooky. Kinda serene.

Wendy said...

Beautiful photos Julie.

scrapfancy said...

These are unbelievable. I am in such wonder. The night time moon turned out just great.

Julie van Oosten said...

thanks guys!

France said...

That moon photo is really awesome Julie! Nice to see you're still making soap!!!