Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Girls Weekend Away

I had a lovely weekend stay with Jenny Jones down in Mandurah south of Perth last weekend. We actually stayed in Dawesville near the peel inlet. For those of you that don't know the area there is a huge estuary that houses tons of crabs in the summer months and that's the favourite place to go "crabbing". Mandurah also hosts a crab fest once a year, but I have never had the opportunity to go - maybe next year.

Jen and I stayed in this cosy 2 bed "shack" she calls it, but it was really comfortable and had everything we needed to make it a fantastic retreat.

During our stay we walked along the foreshore of the estuary, lots of girl talk, made lots and lots of soap, lotion, serum and Jen made16 shimmer bars for gifts. I am not counting but I think we managed to make about 70 bars of cold pressed soap. How relaxing, nothing to do but do what we liked. The big open fireplace was a delight as I have a firebug personality! Love to burn... and it made such a cosy room as the weather in Perth has been quite unseasonal. Three days were rainy and windy, but what the heck we didn't care. We didn't cook either so we were happy to just veg out and relax in front of the fire.

Here is Jenny's creation of Frankincense and Myrrh, with three layers (you need 2 sets of hands here for the mixing). Smells divine and looks fabulous! I love that Jenny included French Green Clay and some peppermint tea leaves for exfoliation.


So, thanks Jen for a top weekend and inviting me to the "shack". I hope you have enough soap to last you for the next few weeks! LOL!

Here are two batches of Honey Toffee & Patchouli and Musk. It was fun doing the layer and swirl work, but tricky! Thanks for looking.
PS we drove back on part of the new Forrest Freeway from Pinjarra Road and it took about 40mins to get home - sweet!

2 comments:

Suze said...

okay....love the soap pictures, especially with our "common" Buddah in it....I can't tell you how much we talk about you n this house...I miss you cute face...a big hug to Tad too.
XXXOOO

Jen Crossley said...

So glad you two got to go away thats wonderful.The soap looks to good to wash with I want to eat it LOL
Crozza