Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Springtime!

It's finally heating up here in Perth. They other day we had a temp of 36c, straight from the low 20's. It's crazy I know so what's going on with the weather? Yesterday I spotted this lovely flower - the design and detail are amazing. The colour is stunning and you may recognise it's from the passion fruit vine (which lives on the side wall of the neighbours garage). Worth a photograph I think.

Quite some time ago I purchased some really fine leather cord to make a bracelet, so yesterday I got out some Sterling silver beads, charms and findings and made this little bracelet that has been a vision in my head for ages.

I have also been making a few batches of soap, (it's good therapy you know) and I love to make goats milk soap fragranced with rose geranium essential oil. I also like it to be really white and creamy looking, well here it is just after I poured it into the mould and I am happy it's smells divine and it's nice and white. I made it yesterday so today I cut it up and it's still creamy and white- (happy dance). Goat's milk is excellent for the skin and in the soap is some shea butter and cocoa butter which are great moisterising and do not dry out the skin.

2 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

Lovely batch of soap spring time soap. It looks so creamy!

Jen Crossley said...

You have been a very busy bee love your soap it looks yummy,but I love your bracelet