Sunday, July 04, 2010

Freezing!

It's been a really cold winter so far here in the west. We don't get zero's or minus very often. So on average it normally gets down to 5c at night, but we have been experiencing some cold air flowing from the south that's bringing these really cold mornings. I know it's not snow but I took some photos of icy frost on the lawn which was a bit white out the back. The clover looks really pretty dotted in frost.

Looks like we are in for more cold mornings this week, and more the coming week. It's a bit of a novelty for us here in Perth, but I am glad I don't have to get out and catch a bus at 7am when it's at its coldest!

BBBBRRRRR! thanks for looking.


2 comments:

Shaz said...

wow.. all my life there in perth (10 -12 years) there i've never since frost on the lawn! i miss perth

Shoshi said...

That seems so strange - here in the UK we've been sweltering! Somehow frost in July seems "upside down" (sorry no pun intended... probably!!)

I've always been fascinated by a country that can produce black swans and such a wonderful creature as the Platypus. Awesome.

Shoshi (see my blog name Shoshiplatypus lol!)

PS Give Australia a big hug for me. One day I'll make it down under.