Sunday, September 04, 2011

Mini Spools - Tiny!

How was your weekend? I hope it was a good one and it was nice and sunny here in Perth today. Last night I had a little play with the newer (released in May) the "Embellished Spool Kit" and was totally amused for a few hours. Last year I brought out a larger spool kit that has much bigger spools that had just the basic elements, the card and the ends only. The spools for the Embellished Spool Kit come with some basic instructions some printed paper for embellishing and best of all some really high quality spool ends - so to speak. I am not sure why I like them so much but I do, I guess it's that thing when there are multiples of the same or groups of something mi nature it gets me! In the picture above I have not used the printed sheet in the pack as I wanted a particular colour scheme and I included parts of the 1041 Ephemera Sheet because it had a lot of contrast being black and white (or you can get it in kraft and black). In addition to the spool ends in the kit there are some with little holes in them, like a big eyelet. When constructing the spool ends with this kit you glue the two same sized circles together making sure they are like a ' hamburger' so you get the lovely rounded ends. I embellished them with some tea stained tissue paper, and lots of lovely fabric pieces and some little bits of satin seam binding! Oh and if you click on the photo above you will get a bigger and clearer picture.....


and P.S I am loving my new camera (even though I took this on the 'face' setting in manual and not on the macro!)

9 comments:

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Love love these little spools so authentic. Tracy x

Vicky said...

How very cute they are! :)

Heather Ales said...

absolutely darling! I love how tiny they are!

Blossom inch said...

lovely spools Julie! Love it!

Therese D in Oz said...

These are lovely! But even more importantly, I am so super psyched that Stamp Camp is now only a couple of days away and I get to meet you for real and play with some of your wonderful products.

Samantha Marshall said...

They're really beautiful, Julie!

Julie van Oosten said...

Thanks ladies, looking forward to camp and you can see them in person, plus all the ones that are cropped out of the photo!

scrapfancy said...

These are so great and love them.

Mrs Frizz said...

ooh-la-la --- very 'noice' ...