Thursday, November 13, 2014

Changing Hats - Introducing "Nirvana Soap"

Well it's certainly been a while since I have posted here on my blog. I have been busy with my photography and been discovering a new journey.

I thought I might share with you my new venture now that I have some spare time and have decided to start creating soap again, this time I am selling my creations online.

Firstly I have created a store for sales in Australia for the moment, however should you wish to purchase some and you are overseas please send me a message. I'll be happy to ship you some if you are prepared to pay the shipping.

So here is my little etsy store called Nirvana Soap Shop where you can buy my soaps online. For those of you who know me I am happy to sell my soap from my place in Darch and if you want to collect it if you are local you can save on shipping. 

Over the next few months I will be adding more and more interesting and creative bars to my range. At the moment I have a "Naturals" range which only includes essential oils and natural colourants and botanicals. All of my soap have shea butter included and I also use sustainable palm oils. 

So I hope you will enjoy looking around in the store for something for yourself or perhaps something as a gift. The soap is well priced at $5.50 and $6.60 for the slightly larger bar.



I love packaging and every bar that I sell is wrapped in paper that I have designed and tied with some lovely twine and a kraft label. Perfect for giving right away or putting on display in your bathroom. Please don't store it in your drawer, keep it out and use it, I know you will love the smooth creamy lather and bubbly texture.


1 comment:

jgould said...

Julie-- I think you'd like to know about something I've developed and about to manufacture... I've patented and have prototypes of a small ergonomically designed device that attaches to a bar of soap and does three things: -- solves soap goo (doesn’t form on the soap, so not on your counter/ soap dish / bath-shower ledge, or in your hand) -- soap lasts about 30% longer - it’s not deteriorating into goo, so no excess going down the drain -- soap doesn’t slip out of your hand. It's called a SoapStandle, and you can see it at www.soapstandle.com.

I've showed this to a lot of craft soap makers in the US -- they like it because it solves the problem many of their customers ask them about - "I love the soap you make but how do I keep it from getting all gooey?" It basically improves the experience. I'd be happy to send you a couple to try out... I'll be manufacturing these soon but I don't have a relationship with an Australian manufacturer or distributor and would like to figure that out, but at this point I just want to get these in the hands of people that care about soap. Please let me know -- and what address to use. Thanks very much - Jimmy Gould jimmy@soapstandle.com